Thanks to Jen at Runner Maybe I got an invite to the Mezamashii project. I had a hard time picking out a pair of shoes. I have only tried one other pair of Mizuno shoes (I bought them last fall on clearance, more branching out) and was not happy with them. In fact I just put them on to see if I had changed my mind at all. I didn't. I still hate them. They feel all wrong.
The person I talked to at the Mezamashii project was super awesome and patient about talking about the shoes I wear now, what I like about them and what Mizuno shoes are comparable. I think I kept the poor guy on the phone about 20 minutes asking him all kinds of questions and discussing pros and cons of different shoes.
I finally settled on the Mizuno Wave Precisions. I went with the 12s because the 13s were very PINK
I am not a pink kind of person. I can like a little pink, but those shoes were a little much. The 12s however were all right, in fact I really like them. Not too much pink and some awesome bright yellow/lime green on them too.
Here they are all clean and pretty right out of the box.
I felt like I couldn't make a judgement on them right away since I have been having some pain in my left foot since the Missoula Marathon on the 8th so I waited a bit to do this post. I have run about 25 miles in them total.
- Bright and colorful. I am tired of shoes that are boring. I want colorful shoes to run in.
- Very comfortable. Sometimes when I buy new shoes I feel like it takes awhile to get the lacing right and have to keep loosening and tightening the laces till I get it right. I didn't have to do it once. Awesome
- 8 ounces makes them lightweight and great for speedwork. This was a major reason why I picked them. I can also use them for races, and I think I will this fall if I continue to like them.
- I feel like I am able to midfoot stike in them easily despite the 12mm heel drop.
- They feel quick to me. I ran a 6:34 mile at the end of an 8 mile run on Wednesday in them.
Not so clean anymore :)
- Feel a little small to me. The 8.5s are not bad, but I think I could have sized up and been even happier. I saw this on Runningwarehouse.com
- Lots of white on them gets very dirty looking fast. (My own fault for ordering this color)
- I wish they had less of a heel drop. They are 12mm, which is pretty standard, but the Pure Flows I run in are 4mm and I really like that about them.