A few of the ideas we came up with are
- Having a weekly healthy recipe to share and a fun way for people to rate it
- coming up with some walking routes around work, so people can walk on their breaks, before work in small groups, etc
- Meeting 20 minutes before work to do a short yoga workout.
- looking into getting a group Fitbit discount
- having a blog where people at work can all contribute about fun, healthy activities they have been doing, and others can check in, a place to post healthy tidbits
- and put on a half marathon and 5k.
I am just wondering if from now until the beginning of April is enough time to accomplish it. I have a rough idea of the course. It won't be a downhill or flat one, but it will incorporate some trails and show some awesome views of the city. It will also be different than most of the other runs in the area.
Looking for ideas .
I would love to hear input on what you guys think.
Should it be a loop, a point to point, or an out and back. Which one do you love and not love the most? They all have pluses and minuses.
What things make for a bad half marathon?
What makes a great one?
Any advice? Do we need longer than 9 months to plan this? our B option would be a late May early June race which would give us a little more time.