I love it when I get the chance to review a running book! I was provided this book free of charge for review purposes.
It bills itself as a total body fitness plan for all distance runners, from milers to ultramarathoners and indeed it covers it all in this book.
In the book you'll find:
- 9 chapters on running components (what they are & how best to train them)
- 350+ photos as part the photo-instruction for more than 150 workouts, exercises, and stretches
- 6 chapters on diet and nutrition
- Sample training schedules for runners of all levels
- Training plans for the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, and Marathon
- An injury-prevention chart for 40+ common running injuries, including recommended exercises for prevention of each
- Advice on creating your own, individualized training program
- Advice on running gear (what you need for different climate, terrain, and training intensities)
- Pace charts for all workouts and major race distances
- Calorie charts for all workouts
- Dozens of recipes for healthy and delicious fueling
- Detailed analysis of various cross training options
- A glossary of words and phrases that you'll use while navigating the world of running
It has workouts for both bodyweight only and with weights, track workouts, warm up drills, foam rolling and more. If you want it, I am pretty sure it is in this book somewhere. I have done several of the workouts and found them great total body workouts. There are over 150 different workouts in this book. My favorite one was featured HERE on Competitor.com
Are you the kind of person who likes lots of visuals? This book is LOADED with pictures, over 350 pictures!
Amazon lets you preview the book a little, you can check it out HERE if you are interested.
Lucky for one of you I was sent an additional copy to give away.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
"This is a blog hop with lots of bloggers and giveaways, lots of chances to win. You can CLICK HERE to hop on over to the next giveaway in the list."
Don't forget to check out all the other giveaways in the hop! and my other giveaway for an Omron Electrotherapy TENS unit