Like many places in the northern hemisphere, winter can make for some brutal running conditions, there are some days that are perfect for running and others that are quite inhospitable. This winter seemed more brutal than average with below normal temps for an extended spell and lots of snow. When spring finally arrives it is a most welcome thing!
Here are five of my favorite things about spring running in Montana
1. Losing the layers. When the temps are -10 with the windchill it requires double layers for tights, triple layers for tops, jackets, etc, gloves, hats, neck buff, etc to keep warm. This makes running feel a bit bundled up and also makes for a lot of laundry. It feels freeing to not worry about how many layers, which layers and where is my left glove.
2. Being out in the green. Depending on the year things brown up here in late June early July. It's still beautiful but it's hard to beat that bright green that is here April, May and June. The
3. Getting out the tanks and shorts (and camis and skirts)
4. Wildflowers: my two favorite early spring flowers are currently in bloom
- Yellow bells
- Shooting stars
5. Not having frozen hands (or ears, or nose, or toes) and knowing that we do get the spring snows they won't last long and will be followed by perfect running weather.
Don't forget to link back to your hostesses and visit other bloggers :)