Injuries this year:
- Seems like I had a lot of back/SI joint issues that sidelined me from running a half marathon in March as well as several smaller races throughout the year, most notably in October and November.
- Shoulder thing.. that we never really figured out,it just sort of resolved, but I know that it sucked the life out of my marathon and I think I would have had a much better time if I wouldn't have been in so much pain.
Races: This may be the least amount of races I have done in years!
- Run for Ryan 5k 22:50 1st in age group
- Heart and Sole 5k 22:08 good enough for 1st in age group!
- Bozeman Marathon 3:56:29 a PR barely! 3rd in age group
- Ragnar Hawaii total of 25.7 miles in 3:57
Miles run: I didn't keep track and I have to admit it was a liberating. I suppose if I went back through my instagram I could figure it out, but I don't care that much. Some months I ran a lot of other months I did not.
Running shoes: These are the main shoes I wore this year
- Asics Kayano 22
- Altra Torin 2.0 x2
- Altra Olympus x2
- Brooks Pure Cadence
Favorite running clothes: Anything by INKnBURN especially their tanks, camis, shorts and skirts. The skirts were my go to for long runs.
Fueling for the long runs: I used Nuun, Honey Stingers, Tailwind and Cocogo mainly, although I did try some other things on and off.
Socks: I love my ProCompression socks, SLS3 makes some great compression socks as well.
Favorite running partner: Cola
- Yoga: I didn't do as well keeping up with the yoga this year, but still did it at least once a week
- Rowing: not much.. doesn't agree with back and shoulder issues
- Strength: I did quite a few HIIT workouts both bodyweight and with weights.
- Cycling: Practically zero
- Elliptical: Only when weather conditions were drastic. I would much rather run
Stay tuned for what will I have in store for 2017! How was your year?