You can link up with Miss Zippy too, or just check out everyone else's great links
- Best race experience. Hmm this is a hard one. After struggling a lot last year and the first part of 2014 with leg pain, I was truly grateful for every race I ran. I will have to say perhaps best overall race experience was the Missoula Half Marathon in July. Missoula puts on a well run race and I got to have a girl's weekend with my friend Billie Jo. It was also my first half marathon in over a year and I felt pretty good!
- Best run. Hmm I have to admit I have had a lot of great runs and at this point in the year it is hard to narrow it down, but I would say maybe the run where I ran into a bear. Excluding the bear part, it was a beautiful run and I loved every minute of it and the bear made it all the more memorable! I loved how green and lush everything was and all the wildflowers, plus I just felt good. It was a perfect day to be out running, in my favorite place to run
|you can't see it, but there is a bear down the road!|
- Best new piece of gear. My Armpocket. Love this thing. So comfortable to wear and I can put so many things in it!
- Best piece of running advice you received. Hmmmm. I think this is indirect, but when I went to the doctor in January and he told me my problems were most likely coming from my back this changed everything for me. I started doing yoga and worked more on core strengthening. 6 weeks later I quit waking up in the middle of the night in pain and my running started to pick up again. I still yoga twice a week and have some issues, but only a whisper compared to what it was.
- Most inspirational runner. Shalane Flanagan. That girl really goes for it! She sets big goals and while she didn't reach them, she really puts her heart into it.
How would you sum up your running year in a couple of words?