You can link up with Miss Zippy too, or just check out everyone else's great links
- Best race experience. Hmm this is a hard one. After struggling a lot last year and the first part of 2014 with leg pain, I was truly grateful for every race I ran. I will have to say perhaps best overall race experience was the Missoula Half Marathon in July. Missoula puts on a well run race and I got to have a girl's weekend with my friend Billie Jo. It was also my first half marathon in over a year and I felt pretty good!
- Best run. Hmm I have to admit I have had a lot of great runs and at this point in the year it is hard to narrow it down, but I would say maybe the run where I ran into a bear. Excluding the bear part, it was a beautiful run and I loved every minute of it and the bear made it all the more memorable! I loved how green and lush everything was and all the wildflowers, plus I just felt good. It was a perfect day to be out running, in my favorite place to run
|you can't see it, but there is a bear down the road!|
- Best new piece of gear. My Armpocket. Love this thing. So comfortable to wear and I can put so many things in it!
- Best piece of running advice you received. Hmmmm. I think this is indirect, but when I went to the doctor in January and he told me my problems were most likely coming from my back this changed everything for me. I started doing yoga and worked more on core strengthening. 6 weeks later I quit waking up in the middle of the night in pain and my running started to pick up again. I still yoga twice a week and have some issues, but only a whisper compared to what it was.
- Most inspirational runner. Shalane Flanagan. That girl really goes for it! She sets big goals and while she didn't reach them, she really puts her heart into it.
How would you sum up your running year in a couple of words?
Great post - I think I'm going to link in with Miss Zippy too!ReplyDelete
Saw this on Amanda's blog yesterday-- think I'm joining in too :)ReplyDelete
Awesome! I am thinking about doing this Link Up, too. Great post!ReplyDelete
Nope, don't see the bear. Ha! But this would definitely make a run memorable...if I ran into a bear! Yikes. I've heard of people running into cougars around here. Or maybe just seeing the remains of cougars from the night before. Either way, it would make me pick up my pace! :)ReplyDelete
You definitely turned things around this year and I'm so glad. I also love that you can appreciate the ability to be out there--injured runners certainly get that! And the bear…that's a great story to share after having that happy ending! Thanks for linking in.ReplyDelete
Great post! How fun to look back over the year--love the smiling race pics!ReplyDelete
Running with friends is the best! Injuries can certainly make us grateful for any run. Two words that sum up my running: half marathons. One more in December will make 17 this year.ReplyDelete
Sounds like a great year - glad you finished healthy and stronger!ReplyDelete
I'm going to link up eventually...I'm still savoring that Chicago marathon 1:10 PR!!!
What an awesome year for you! I can't get over that bear... not sure that I would be out running country trails by myself after that. :) Looking forward to what 2015 will bring!ReplyDelete
I remember one run where I was terrified about bears the whole time - I don't even want to begin imaging how terrifying it would be to actually see one on a run!! Love that yoga helped your back issues - it is so great for runners.ReplyDelete
Wow! Gorgoeus views! I'd love to run where you run! I am glad to hear that your back is feeling better. I am currently struggling with some back issues and hoping it won't be a slow recovery process. Here's to running adventures in 2015!ReplyDelete