1. Helps you beat SAD (seasonal affect disorder) I have read lots of study reports talking about how getting outside helps lift the mood, increase energy and keeps you motivated to get back out there another day. Plus it's so beautiful out, you can't help but love being outside.
2. My favorite part of winter running.. it isn't hot. I hate running hot and all summer dream about those sunny 20-30 degree runs, which seem really rare this winter. It's just been cold. Colder than normal for like two months now and we are like 20 inches ahead of normal on snow.
3. When you do get a rare day in the winter to wear short sleeves, tanks, shorts, etc..it's heavenly and when spring really hits, you appreciate the feel of the warm (not hot yet) sun on your bare arms and legs as you run not to mention suddenly you have a third less running laundry!
4. You gain mental toughness, you know you can handle running outside in all kinds of conditions.
5. People think you are either crazy or a badass for running outside in the winter. They will ask you with a confused look on their face "you don't run outside in this kind of weather do you?" Yes, actually I do! All the way down to -20. With the proper layering it's really no big deal, but I'll take the badass.
Don't forget to link back to your hostesses and visit other bloggers :)