Sad because I have been so loving watching all those incredible athletes perform. My favorite moments
- Carrie Walsh and Misti May-Treanor winning gold again. I think they were my favorite athletes of the games. They really stepped up when the play got intense and kicked some butt.
- Michael Phelps. Sure he had a rough start but he overcame and ended on a pretty awesome note.
- Mo Farrah winning the 10k and the 5k. Great strategy and crazy effort paid off twice, I am sure those crowds rooting for him really gave an extra push too.
- Galen Rupp winning silver in the 10k.
- Shalane Flanagan and Kara Goucher at the end of the womens marathon. I didn't get up early enough to see the whole thing but I did see the last 20 minutes.
- Womens gymnastics team was pretty awesome. Gabby is such a cutie and McKayla was such an impressive vaulter. Even if she didn't win gold she knew it should have been hers, and would have been any other day.
- The womens swimming team also was very amazing. Missy Franklin was incredible to watch.
- The womens relay teams were crazy fast, I loved watching the 4x400 relay. Those girls knocked it out of the stadium!
The Olympics to me are so motivational. All the years of training and hard work that comes down to those 17 days. God medalists are remembered. Think Joan Benoit Samuelson and Carl Lewis. Mary Lou Retton.
I have to say I am also sad they only come around every four years, but I guess that is what makes them such a big dream and so awesome to watch.
I did two runs today about an hour apart mostly for babysitter reasons. I ran 5 miles before my husband left this morning and then took the kids to my sister's house and ran another 5 miles. They both felt pretty good although run 2 seemed to feel a little better.
What was your favorite Olympic moment?