Here are the guidelines that go along with this award -
- display the award logo somewhere on your blog
- link back to the blog who nominated you
- state 7 things about yourself
- nominate 15 (or less) other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs
- notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award's requirements
SO here are my 7 things in no particular order.
1. I have been driving the same car since December of 2000. It's a '99 Oldsmobile Alero and my parents helped put a down payment on it as a graduation from college present. I keep thinking of getting something newer, but it is hard to beat paid off and still runs pretty good. Hopefully it will last another year or so.
2. When I was first pregnant I really wanted a little girl and I had a boy. The second time I was pregnant I really wanted another boy and I had a girl. Not that it mattered and now I wouldn't change it for the world of course.
|If I would have quit at 8 miles, my quads wouldn't be cramping right now and I never would have puked!|
5. I used to sleep on my belly. Once I got pregnant that was obviously not going to work, so I became a side sleeper. I have tried going back to belly sleeping and I just can't. Sadly, it bothers my back now. I hate sleeping on my back. I don't sleep good and I have crazy vivid dreams. I never remember my dreams when I sleep on my side.
6. Mountains are beautiful and I like to go visit them, but I don't like to stay very long. They make me feel claustrophic. I like wide open spaces. To much opportunity for bears and such to sneak up on you in the mountains with all those trees and things.
|No bears sneaking up on me here!|
7. My ears are not pierced. They were once, okay twice, but I get such bad scar tissue built up from wearing earrings it isn't worth it. So I save my husband a lot of money, he never has to buy me diamond earrings!
Okay here are my tags
1. Sandy at Boston Bound Brunette
2. Terzah at BQ by 40
3. Xaarlin at Pain is Nothing
4. Missy at Sugar Coated Athlete
5. Missy at Southern Girl Running
6. Kara at It's a Dog Lick Baby World
7. Sarah at Thinfluenced
8. Nancy at Living the Dream
9. Elle at Eat Run Sail
10. Ali at Running with Spatulas
11. Julia at Pain, Pride and Perseverance
12. Katherine at Neon Blonde Runner
13. Susan at Cow Lasers and Everything in Between
14. Kari at Running Ricig
15. Jen at Runner..Maybe
I had the same problem with my ears when I pierced them at 18! Eventually they closed up, which is sad because I had cute earrings. I still have scar tissue build up, which is so gross to feel!ReplyDelete
Oh, and thanks for the tag :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the tag! Now I really want some Skittles. I've had my truck since 2001 and I plan to drive it until it dies. You are right about not being able to beat something that's paid off and runs good.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the tag! I find it hilarious that your claustrophobia in the mountains stems from your fear of a bear sneaking up on you. I'm pretty sure that thought would never enter my mind :)ReplyDelete
Great 7 things!! I loved the caption under #3 :DReplyDelete
I feel the same way about chewy, sugary candy! <3ReplyDelete
Aww thanks for the tag!!! You not only ran a marathon...you rocked a marathon!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the tag! I've been a blog sloth lately and need to get back to posting and commenting again :)ReplyDelete
Laffey taffy OMG! I looooove that stuff. Cherry flavor all the way! It takes all my self control not to buy any. Hmm could be a good fuel for runs no? :)
Say whaaaa!?! Marathon número dos in the planning stages? :)
And I must say that I love mountains too, but now next time I visit I will be thinking about how you prefer open spaces because of the bears. Lol. Very solid point.
I have the same problem with earrings! My body likes to reject the metal, even gold and surgical stainless steel, so I don't wear earrings anymore, either. It was pretty awkward when my mom got me some pearl earrings for Christmas a few years ago, but I think everyone's figured it out by now.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for the tag!ReplyDelete
I totally agree with you about the wide open spaces... Big Sky right?
I think it comes from living on the prairies as a kid, in Calgary... love the mountains but as soon as I drive East and can see forever, I always let out a big sigh. As much as I love the ocean, it is just not the same.
I love fruity candy too- It is the best!ReplyDelete
FUN! i liked your 7 things and enjoyed learning more about you! i agree...if anyone ever told me i would run further than 3 miles some day i would have laughed in their face;) thanks for the tag!ReplyDelete
I've had sleeping position issues since pregnancy, too. I think I'd still sleep on my stomach if it weren't for my ridiculous back. I'm still trying to find a body pillow solution that helps me sleep all night and not wake up with an aching back! Thanks for the tag! I'm just glad at this point that some people are still reading at all. :^)ReplyDelete
You are so sweet to tag me! I appreciate it! :) Loved learning more about you. And those kiddos are so stinkin' cute!ReplyDelete
Oh man. My aunt wanted five boys and, after having one, she wanted a daughter :)ReplyDelete
When i was training for my first 5k, I vowed I'd only run 5ks. I'm now training to run my third half. It's a disease!
Thanks for playing along! I love learning new things about my fellow bloggers! I'm all for driving a car until it dies. I'm driving a 94 volvo. Who do you think will drive her car longer??? :)ReplyDelete
Aw LOVE it, thanks Christy!!!!ReplyDelete
I love how it's a lot of our bloggie BFFs that were tagged as well. I just love our little running blog community :)
Girl, you are going to just kill marathon number two, I swear it gets easier after the first one...it really really does, I promise. I still can't get over how our first marathon times were almost exactly the same, we are running twins!
I'm going to fill this out later and keep it flowing...I just had the most exhausting day at work ever and I need to hit the hay now...
That is exactly why I love the Plains of Nebraska, no bear has ever snuck up behind me here on the Plains! Congrats on the Blogger Award!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the tag!!ReplyDelete
We keep our cars forever too! Car payments stink.
I have pierced ears but never ever wear earrings.Maybe they aren't pierced anymore, I should check ;-)
I love these random lists about people. So fun to read.ReplyDelete
I thought my kids were opposite genders when I was pregnant both times, too.
Thanks for tagging me! I will definitely post this!ReplyDelete
Enjoyed this post.ReplyDelete
Love chewy fruit candy myself. :) I found that part about sleeping on the side vs. belly and the dreams that followed interesting. I haven't been able to remember my dreams sleeping on my side.
It is truly a well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so engaged in this material that I couldn’t wait to read. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thanks.Most Inspirational EntrepreneursReplyDelete