After a very rainy morning, the clouds let up this afternoon and I was able to go for a run, YAY. I was so excited. I wasn't sure I was going to get to run dry today. Although I am thankful I don't live in the parts of the country that are busy having a heatwave.
Here are some reasons why I know my 10k next Saturday will be faster than the 55 minutes it took me to run it in today.
1. I will be running on city streets and not slippery mud.
2. I won't feel like my shoes weigh ten pounds each from so much mud caked on each shoe.
3. I won't have to keep pausing to get small rocks out of my shoes that were thrown there by mud flying off my shoes.
4. I won't have a coat and hydration belt competing for space on my waist weighing me down.
5. I will be wearing my fast racing shoes, not my muddy Kayanos
6. I can run 5 miles in 35 minutes in a race, so another 1.2 shouldn't take me twenty minutes.
7. I always race faster than I train .. duh :)
Here is why I am freaking out about the 10k
1. I have NEVER done one.
2. That extra 1.2 miles could be killer
3. I want to do it fast, my goal is under 44 minutes (is that crazy?)
4. Did I mention I have never done one?
5. What if I have a bad day? Aaack
Here are some cool blogger posts that are giving me some ideas to help me meet my goal :
1. Jim at 50 after 40 posted a great one called Don't Be A Follower about running the shortest possible route. Very helpful check it out if you haven't already.
2. Cynthia at Run, Dream and Laugh Out Loud did a great recap of an article she read on Mental Strength.
I have inventory at work starting tomorrow and even worse we have to go in on Saturday for 2nd counts. Yuck, totally dreading it. I am planning to get my long run out of the way before I go in. I warned them I may come in smelly and sweaty, but running is more important to me than counting inventory. What do you think are my priorities misplaced? I think not!
On a very fun note, I have several fun product review and giveaways coming up starting next week so stay tuned. Also wow I checked my blog this morning and saw I cracked 100 followers. A little bit I feel like Sally Fields and her Emmy winning acceptance speech "You like me"
How is your day going? Hope the weather is nice where you are! As always thanks for stopping by!