Since this is Valentine's Day (or I love you day as my kids call it) and this is a running blog my post today is all about how I love running. Cheesy right!?
Let me count the ways I love you.
1. I love when I get a new PR. It is so exhilarating. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and victory even if I don't win any awards. It doesn't even matter if it is in a race, a new personal distance record or just a run at home. Setting new limits to break gives me something to continue to work hard for.
2. Time to think. Running gives me a much needed stress break from life. It is time for me to plan, think, and to work out my problems one step at a time. plus I get to exercise the dog in a way we both love.
3. Time to zone out. Running can also be that time where I don't have to think about or do anything just keep putting one step in front of the other. Breath in, breath out.
4. Time alone. A time where no one is making demands or competing for my time. Some days it feels like from the time I get up until the time I go to bed there are places I have to be, kids to take care of, dishes to do, meals to cook, laundry to do. Running gets me out of the house away from it all.
5. Racing. Running races speaks to the competitive side in me. I love to see how much faster I can run, how many people I can beat. Plus I get those really great pictures where I look like I am going to throw up.
7. Time with friends. I have had a great time running races last year with my sister and meeting new friends along the way.
And you can't forget the all important runners high!
I could probably go on and on about how it also makes me a better mother and wife, makes me a healthier person, makes my skinny jeans fit, and makes me love my body etc etc, but those for now are my highlights!
Tell me why you love running on Valentine's Day!
Too many reasons to count. Running almost always puts me in a better mood. Love the last 2 pics!ReplyDelete
I love running on valentines day because it lets me make lots of room for chocolate!!! Great reasons, Christy! Most of mine are the same :)ReplyDelete
I get to have success in a sport at 40 (yah, close enough) years old. :)ReplyDelete
I to love running because it allows me to fit in my tight fitting blue jeans, plus I love me when I know I am doing all I can do for my body and my soul. Great PostReplyDelete
I love how running makes me feel - strong, powerful and accomplished!ReplyDelete
Ditto to all of this!! Happy Valentine's Day!ReplyDelete
yes! love all these things as well! Happy Valentine's Day!ReplyDelete
you are the cutest ever Christy! i love these reasons. except the skirts.ReplyDelete
Running is a reminder of who I am.ReplyDelete
Ditto all of what you have. For sure. Gorgeous skirt! And, for me, feeling strong & healthy + the endorphin high. . .those are the best reasons.ReplyDelete
Great post! Love the skirt!ReplyDelete
I love #4. That's one of my main reasons for running.ReplyDelete
I love this. I love all the "why I love running" posts. Everytime I see that skirt, it makes me want to venture into running skirt territory. You can read why I love running here: http://www.livebreathehuzzah.com/2012/02/14/in-love-with-running/ReplyDelete
This is a great post for Valentine's Day - and not too cheesy at all. I love it!ReplyDelete
I love running because it has taught me that I really can achieve the impossible - and thus given me back a HUGE part of my self-confidence.
Thanks for sharing why you love running. Happy Valentine's Day! <3
These are perfect! Thank you!!ReplyDelete
Love all of your reasons Christy! I love running to and I'm still convinced that not much can compare to a runners high!! Happy Valentines Day. :)ReplyDelete
Running will always be my #1 Valentine. :-) I WANT THAT RUNNING SKIRT SO BAD! It's been pinned on pinterest for forever. It's so ruffly and adorable! Why so expensive!!! Love today's post!ReplyDelete
That running skirt is SUPER cute!!!!ReplyDelete
I love that you have BOTH 'time alone' and 'time with friends' . Just shows how much variety is in running, how multi-faceted an experience it can be! Love it! See what I love about running here: http://dareyouto.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-running.htmlReplyDelete
I am loving BEING OUTSIDE when I run. Fresh air is like medicine for my cloudy head.ReplyDelete
Great list! And you so have to run a marathon, you'd be amazing!ReplyDelete
fabulous reasons to love running!! Hello I need to know more about that skirt--love!ReplyDelete
Fun post. And such a good list, too.ReplyDelete
Good list! I love that is makes my stress melt away. I am a better me when I go for a run.ReplyDelete
Great list! I really want that skirt too! I saw it in pink and almost bought it and then I thought it would be too much. Oh well!ReplyDelete
Those are some AWESOME reasons. I love cute clothes, too...I think this spring I need a few new things, mine are getting blahy!!ReplyDelete
Hope you had a fantastic Valentine's Day! :)
I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog via Linky!!! I am a new follower and love running as well. I have a movement disorder called Dystonia that has kept me from running for about six months now:( I am so ready to train for a marathon. Anyway, nice blog!! www.questofthenocturnalbaker.blogspot.comReplyDelete