Since this is Valentine's Day (or I love you day as my kids call it) and this is a running blog my post today is all about how I love running. Cheesy right!?
Let me count the ways I love you.
1. I love when I get a new PR. It is so exhilarating. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and victory even if I don't win any awards. It doesn't even matter if it is in a race, a new personal distance record or just a run at home. Setting new limits to break gives me something to continue to work hard for.
2. Time to think. Running gives me a much needed stress break from life. It is time for me to plan, think, and to work out my problems one step at a time. plus I get to exercise the dog in a way we both love.
3. Time to zone out. Running can also be that time where I don't have to think about or do anything just keep putting one step in front of the other. Breath in, breath out.
4. Time alone. A time where no one is making demands or competing for my time. Some days it feels like from the time I get up until the time I go to bed there are places I have to be, kids to take care of, dishes to do, meals to cook, laundry to do. Running gets me out of the house away from it all.
5. Racing. Running races speaks to the competitive side in me. I love to see how much faster I can run, how many people I can beat. Plus I get those really great pictures where I look like I am going to throw up.
7. Time with friends. I have had a great time running races last year with my sister and meeting new friends along the way.
And you can't forget the all important runners high!
I could probably go on and on about how it also makes me a better mother and wife, makes me a healthier person, makes my skinny jeans fit, and makes me love my body etc etc, but those for now are my highlights!
Tell me why you love running on Valentine's Day!