We started last Friday night. and I think I have ate a lot "cleaner" than he has. He has had a few sandwiches I think. I did eat some chocolate and two Skittles but better than that I have felt strong enough to turn down cake and cookies at work. Practically unheard of! I also made my kids mac and cheese and didn't even lick the spoon.
Thoughts about it so far 12 days in.
- Requires a lot more planning
- Requires a lot more prep work
- I feel good (besides the whole cold thing I have going on right now)
- No bloating feeling after a meal
- I don't feel like I need to take a nap after lunch
- Almond flour and coconut flours are freaking pricey!
- I hate cutting out dairy entirely so I haven't I guess that makes me more Primal than Paleo. I have used super minimal cheese and switched to full fat greek yogurt (super yum btw)
- There are an amazing amount of Paleo blogs out there.
- So far I don't miss the sugar and processed foods.
- I'm going through a lot of eggs
how is it jiving with my running?
I have had two really great runs and two runs with really lackluster energy. I am not sure how much to blame on my cold and how much on the lower carb diet. I have been getting in quite a few carbs in the form of sweet potatoes, squash and fruit though. I don't think I will have a clearer picture for a another week or two.
How long do I plan to do it?
At this point I don't know. I just know, I like how I feel (no bloating) and I have lost a pound or two. My husband claims the same. Although I am sure he won't stick with the Paleo diet. He claims to be bored with it already. I am not.
Am I making my kids do it?
No. They get to eat what I cook, but I still make them toast for breakfast and let them eat cereal etc.
Have I lost weight/am I trying to lose weight?
Hmmm, I think I have lost a pound or two and I wouldn't want to lose more than 5. I really don't focus on weight only on how my pants feel and they feel better than they did three weeks ago I know that.
Those are my thoughts on it for now. Got any questions for me that I didn't ask or thoughts, advice etc? Feel free to comment!