2. Goal setting. I haven't wrote down any goals so this is as good of a time as any to do that.
- A Goal: 3:48 This would be at about a 8:42 pace. This is reasonable I think given the mostly downhill nature of the course. There are some uphill miles from miles 6-12, but the rest of the map shows downhill or flat from there. I do know from having run the half marathon before that I will encounter two smallish hills near the end somewhere.
- B Goal: Just beat my previous marathon time of 3:56:55. This is about a 9:02 pace and close to what most of my long runs were at, so I think I could do this.
- C Goal: Just finish and have fun doing it! I know some days races don't go as planned, so this is my back up plan.
|A little blurry but you get the idea|
3. Now I need to figure out if I am going to carry my own hydration or get it all from aid stations. I have been using Tailwind for my long runs, so I think I will carry some and get some from aid stations. My shoes, socks, and tank are decided just not my bottoms. I know from past experiences running here that I will feel the elevation a little bit, but not too bad.
How was your August?
Do you set goals for races or just run them?