I could have run at 5 this morning and avoided the heat, but I elected to wait until 7:30 to run and then spent an hour pulling weeds out of my
1.1 Race picture from Saturday
2. Yesterday I go to assist in the baby making process. The surgery center where I work started doing intro-fertilization last year. I have mostly avoided it because I am an orthopedic surgery kind of nurse. Bones, joints, things like that. Yesterday it was finally my turn to help with oocyte retrievals. Everything they do is on a screen so you can see what is going on. I saw a lot of potential babies yesterday (eggs) get harvested.
I am not going to go into the ethics of it all, but it was really neat to see. Good luck to all the hopeful mommies. I was blessed with getting to babies very easily.
3. I am starting to think about the marathon A LOT. Things like
- what kind of time goals do I want to have
- how much will I hate taper
- should I bring my own water since I am so used to running with some
- how many gels/chomps/chews etc am I going to need, should I bring extra
- will I be able to sleep the night before
- is it going to be too hot
- what should I listen to? Podcasts, nothing, music, audio book, or a big combination.
- Which socks/skirt/shoes should I wear. The shirt and bra are easy (Team Beef/Handful)
I am trying to not worry about the things I will have no control over and instead take care of the things I can.
I keep wanting to get packed, but maybe it is still a bit early for that. I just don't want to forget anything critical!
I think I should worry less and start making a list and checking it twice!