2. I saved the pumpkin seeds and roasted them in the oven with a little soy sauce, garlic, and sea salt. The kids weren't impressed but I really like them. I guess that means I don't have to share with them.
I may have to make some more. I got the first recipe from The Pioneer Woman. You can find it HERE. This was my favorite recipe of the two.
The other one I got from allrecipes.com and was also my favorite of the two. If you want to check that one out you can find it HERE. The cream cheese filling in it with the frosting on top was really heavenly!
Yes I loved them both. Maybe I should make them both again so I can really decide which one is my favorite!
Besides delicious here are a few health benefits to pumpkin seeds and oil
- good for prostate health (for all the men in your life)
- high in magnesium
- good source of zinc
- contain phytosterols (inhibit absorbtion of cholesterol, and can help lower cholesterol levels in the body, also can help prevent cancer)
- can help prevent a certain type of kidney stone
- contain L-tryptophan which is an anti-depressant
- In many cultures throughout the world, pumpkin seeds are used as a natural treatment to parasites that invade the body, such as tapeworms.