By the numbers
- Races run: 5
- Half marathons: 1
- Adventure Relay (I was the runner for 9.4 miles): 1
- 2 mile run with my daughter: 1
- Ragnar Relay: 1
- Injuries: 2 (quad strain, foot pain)
- Miles run through the end of April 546.
- After April: I honestly can't say. After I hurt my quad I quit keeping track, it was too demoralizing.
- The half marathon with my little sister in March
- The run where I put the nail in the coffin of my quad. I knew deep down I should have taken it easy, but it was so beautiful out and my kids were at my Aunt's house, it seemed a crime to not do a long trail run. (hindsight) (ugh)
- The first run of my Ragnar Relay. I ran fast and without any pain for the first time in months. The weather was amazing, the scenery beautiful and I couldn't imagine a more perfect feeling.
This one because it is the last time I felt so strong running. and well I was running strong. It was a PR for the course. A week later I had the dreaded injured runner status.
How was your year in running? Hopefully you didn't spend as much time injured as I did!