Still looking for some ideas about what you should get those runners on your Christmas list? Here are 5 of my favorite things, it was surprisingly hard to narrow it down to 5, but otherwise this list would be out of hand!
1. The Koss Fit Series earphones are a perfect gift for active women. I love mine. Gold Medalist Dara Torres teamed up with female designers at Koss to create the world's first earphones for women designed by women.
Some key features that really help them stand out include
- sweat resistant
- both the FitBuds and FitClips come with three different sizes of ear cushions so you can get the perfect fit
- super lightweight
- available in 5 awesome colors
The FitClips are my favorite. The soft flexible clips really stay put and are now my go to running ear buds. Seriously fabulous. If you have tried clips in the past and didn't like them (like me) I suggest giving them another go.
They can be found at major retailers including Walmart, Best Buy Walgreens, Kmart, and Sears who are all selling them for $19.99 (normally $29.99) this holiday season
You can also connect with Koss on social media
Swirlgear makes shirts, pullovers and shorts all designed by a woman runner for women runners. I have 2 long sleeve shirts, a running jacket, a short sleeve shirt and 2 pairs of shorts. The long sleeve shirts are my favorite and the jacket is very warm for winter running.
They also make a lot of pink things that are really pretty for people who like a lot pink (not me).
They use flatlock stitching to avoid any friction and the fabrics are all technical fast drying fabrics. I love that the arms and body are cut long to avoid riding up.
I get a lot of compliment when I wear my Swirlgear.
They can be found at Swirlgear.com, you can use the code swirlon at checkout to get free shipping.
3. PROCompression socks are my favorite and they are designed and manufactured right here in the USA. I have been wearing them for two years now for running and for work since I am on my feet all day as a nurse in a busy surgery center. Last I counted I had 11 pairs and would take some more happily!
|my socks in action and at rest|
They come in lots of pretty colors and have a holiday sock of the month out right now for 40% off with the code SNOW when you check out. Or you can choose from one of their other 29 colors and designs. I also noticed the last 6 marathon socks listed are on sale too, some really pretty colors like the pink argyle, baby blue and neon yellow.
The holiday sock
The holiday sock
4. Another great company that designs things just for women is Aspaeris who make compression shorts and capris. I have two pairs of shorts and a pair of capris. When I am running lots of mileage I run in them and recover in them.
|from their website|
They help in three ways
- injury prevention
- improved performance
- faster recovery
Lately I seem to be doing more recovery in them than running but I hope to change that next year1 They have a sale starting on the 11th and everything on the site will be 40% off with the promo code MERRY
5. and last but never least the bra that flatters but doesn't flatten, Handful Bras. I was introduced to these about 4 years ago and now wear them for just about everything. They are incredibly versatile from day wear, to running, to swimming, to even sleeping in. Comfy, supportive (for us smaller girls) and made here in the U.S.A now. They are also a women run company. and they come in lots of pretty colors!
|I just need the blue and my collection will be complete, muahahaha|
I have a whole drawer full of these now in lots of different colors to match nearly anything.
|I have added more colors since I took this picture.|
Caution: This bra can be life changing. No longer do us less endowed girls have to run looking like a 12 year old girl, we can have a little shape on top. Life changing.
Thanks for the shout out, Christy!ReplyDelete
I still need to look into the handful bras. They look very comfortable. I love my Aspaeris shorts too :)ReplyDelete
I love my Handful, although the pads always fall out in the wash and I swear they look wrong when I put them back in again. But...look at all the pretty colors...ReplyDelete
Great list!!! I absolutely need to check out Handful...I keep saying that!!ReplyDelete
Reminds me that I need some new Handful bras!ReplyDelete
I'll have to check that gear out!ReplyDelete
I could use a drawerful of handful!ReplyDelete