- I have a love hate with avocados. I really love to eat them, but I hate what a little window they have to get them ate. One minute they are hard as a rock and the next thing you know you should have ate it yesterday.
- I really wish I could be better about Paleo eating. I really felt good when I did a month of Paleo last January. I lost a couple pounds, I remember never feeling all bloated, but I hated the lack of energy on runs over 4 miles and I really like sugar and carbs. Plus with kids and a husband who like sugar and carbs, it makes it double hard. Face it I don't have a lot of willpower if it is in the house and looks good, I want to eat it.
- Sometimes even though I know I shouldn't I microwave my food in a plastic container. I am just too lazy too move it to a different bowl. I have started to buy more glass storage containers to help with this, but they are pricier so it will be awhile before I have as many as I want.
- I had some labs drawn recently and my vitamin D levels are low. Normal values are 30-100ng/ml and I was 26. A level of 10-29 suggests insufficiency and may lead to hyperparathyroidism and/or reduced muscle strength. Since it is winter and cold and not very sunny I guess I had better start supplementing with some D.
- I have only run outside 2 times in December. I have tried my best to ignore it, but I have some sort of injury in my right leg, AGAIN. still. It felt so good after I got recovered from my October foot injury. I think I overdid it. I just wanted so desperately to be "me" again. Running strong, running long, running hard, working out hard. nope. injured. Pretty sure it is soft tissue and not a stress fracture so that at least is good.
I caved in this morning and admitted to myself what I am doing is not making it better. It is not getting. I made an appointment with an ortho sports medicine guy for January 2. I almost cried when they told me I could get in so soon. I was expecting to wait weeks!
I kind of had a hard time deciding which doctor to go with. I have worked with most these guys for 13. I work with them a lot, ortho is my specialty area and my love. It feels weird to go and see a surgeon for this when I feel it is not surgical so I have to keep reminding myself they are also sports medicine doctors.
It feels weird to be a patient. Oddly I worry about hurting someone's feelings. I don't want them to wonder why I didn't go to them and I am going to so and so instead. Probably silly to worry about.
Also.. I KNOW how much they hate working with runners. Runners have 1 thing on their mind and most of their questions center around running.
- Can I keep running
- How soon can I start running
- When will I run normal again
I guess I could have confessed that.
I just really want some answers. What's going on, what's wrong? What can I do and what should I not do? How can I get better and stay better? I making it my resolution for 2014 to do whatever I need to do to get better.
I recently saw a friend post on Facebook about how she was injured and she referred to being injured as the runner's cone of shame.
I think being an injured runner and trying to ignore it hoping it will go away earns me the lizard of humiliation.
|from Google images|
Are you an injured runner? Feel free to vent!
Not an injured runner? Confess something!