- Favorite book? That's a hard one. I read a lot, or at least I did before I got married and had 2 kids. Band of Brothers was very good. I love the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, and A Song of Fire and Ice Series by George R.R. Martin. Seabiscuit was also excellent. I could go on all day. I love books. Favorite place to travel? I loved traveling across Italy with my little sister. We had such a great time and it is so beautiful over there. We drank wine, ate pasta, ate gelato, repeat. If you have never been I really recommend it.
- OK--after your guest post for me, I've been wondering: -Pick one: running or strength training? Running! If I had to choose it would be an easy choice. I feel like I get the most benefit from running as far as stress relief and enjoyment is concerned. That said it would be very hard for me to give up strength training. I really enjoy that too and have been doing it a long time. -Are you stronger than your hubby? (Come on, you are mega buff!) As hard as it is to believe my hubby is so much stronger. He builds fences for a living and is constantly wrestling big railroad ties. He is pretty buff and looks pretty good without a shirt on. His biceps make mine look like midgets. -Would you rather PR by a minute on a 5k, or gain 150 blog followers overnight? PR on the 5k! Although gaining that many blog followers overnight would really stroke my ego. I really want to get a 5k under 20 minutes and that would do it!
- How excited were you seeing yourself in Runners World? Beyond excited! and super surprised. What is your dream race? At this point I just really want to do the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Vegas. It would be perfect for me and the hubs. We get to vacation, I get to run, he gets to go to the rodeo, we will have tons of friends in Vegas for the rodeo. A great time. What is your favorite running moment? After my daughter was born, she is child number 2) I finally got out for a run on a nice day and I felt so good finally. It just felt so good to be outside, running, and not having a baby or small toddler hanging on me. I had a really hard time after she was born. She was a NEEDY baby and never slept unless I was holding her. I love my kids and wouldn't trade them for anything, but that was when I really started running again and using it for stress relief. I don't know how I would have survived without those brief runs and quiet times to recharge.
- What's been your absolute, hands-down favorite race of your career so far & why? The Shamrock Run in 2010. It made me realize just how much i love racing and that maybe I was faster than I thought I was. I don't remember how I placed but I do that race encouraged me to train harder and set higher goals for myself. It was the first race I had done in over a year and my fasted mile splits since high school. If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be? Cake.
- So cool seeing you in the runners world!! 1. If you could win any running event in the world, what would you want to win? I would want to win the Boston Marathon, but clearly I have a long ways to go, since I haven't even run a marathon yet! :) 2. You cannot run anymore. Which sport would become your new favorite to participate in? Aaack! No idea, how about biking? maybe I would have to learn how to swim. 3. Why do you blog? I started as a way to write about something I love doing and to meet others who are running obsessed like myself. The fun giveaways are a great bonus. I have so much fun blogging and reading other people's blogs. 4. If you and your family could live anywhere, where would you want to live? Right here. I love this place, it just plain makes me happy. 5. How do you maintain those killer arms and abs? Don't you eat? :)
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Part 2 of Q&A
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Italy! LOVE Italy! Of course, I AM Italian :PReplyDelete
I so hear you on that answer to Nelly's question... when you first finally get out again w/ no little person on your body or demanding on you... heaven!
I've chosen running over strength training already. When I quit my gym, I lost all strength training motivation, which is weird because I was a bodypump maniac.ReplyDelete
Also, it's so fun to find out you're faster than you think!
RW appearance?! Clearly I am not up to date on these happenings!ReplyDelete
I request copies from the library. I have the August and September issues pending!
Italy would be a great place to visit! The history and architecture and food...mmmm I wanna go!ReplyDelete
Fun fun! You are awesome and you must have good genes because you look like you've never had sweets in your life. :)ReplyDelete
Hey lady! Email me your address so I can get that GU out to you!!ReplyDelete
Ah, I love the Game of Thrones book series! Don't want to wait 3+ years for the next one. :(ReplyDelete
What issue of RW were you in??
I love random question answers!ReplyDelete
I choose running over strength too!
i am craving a glass of white wine now after looking at that picture!
Great answers to these questions--glad to hear there's SOMEONE stronger than you out there, haha!ReplyDelete
Thanks for answering my questions!ReplyDelete
That is great that you enjoyed Italy, that is the next country that I'd like to visit.
Game of Thrones is on my list! Do you like it better than Lord of the Rings? I'd feel like I was being disloyal....ReplyDelete