- soft, silky material
- love the logo placement
- wondered if they were really going to give a good amount of compression they seemed too thin
- overall good
I think my favorite out of the three are the calf sleeves, but they are all super comfy and as they were designed with everyday wear in mind they aren't super tight.
We all know why compression is beneficial to us runners and athletes. In case you are curious, here is a little of the science behind the copper in Tommie Copper as taken from their website
How is copper used in medicine?
Copper has been used in medicine for thousands of years, one of the world's oldest medical texts, the Ebers Papyrus states, "Treat inflammation with pulverized copper". Copper also stimulates the immune system to fight infections, to repair injured tissues, and to promote healing. Copper has been shown to neutralize "free-radicals" which can cause severe damage to cells. Symptoms of copper deficiency include osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
How does the body use copper?
Copper is necessary for the growth, development, and maintenance of bone, connective tissue, brain, heart, and many other body organs. It is involved in the formation of red blood cells, the absorption and utilization of iron, and the synthesis and release of life-sustaining proteins and enzymes. These enzymes in turn produce cellular energy and regulate nerve transmission, blood clotting, and oxygen transport.
The calf sleeves are designed to help reduce inflammation, stimulate circulation and help relieve shin and calf pain. They are truly comfortable enough to wear all day. I wore them to work and my legs felt great at the end of the day. I wore them for recovery after my 5 mile race last Saturday and today I did a 6 mile run in them. They feel really good. I had no problems with them falling down, being itchy, or feeling too tight.
|Here I am rocking all my Tommie Copper compression gear.|
- Super comfy for all day wear, recovery, or running in. I am in love with mine.
- Calf and Knee sleeves are a great deal at $24.50 each.
- Now I am just wishing they would make some compression shorts to help my hams and quads.
Here is the fun part. YOU can win your very own calf sleeves from Tommie Copper.
You of course have to be a follower of my blog to enter. Here is how you gain entries. Leave a seperate comment for each that you do. A winner will be drawn via random.org on Sept 1, 2011.
1. Follow Tommie Copper on twitter HERE
2. Like Tommie Copper on facebook HERE, tell them I sent you.
3. Follow me on twitter HERE
4. Check out the Tommie Copper website and tell me what you like
5. Blog, tweet, or Facebook about this giveaway leave a comment for each you do.
6. Follow me on FB HERE
Disclaimer: Tommie Copper provided me with these products free of charge, but the opinions expressed are my own.