- Best race experience? I have a hard time narrowing this down. I had four races this year that I adored. I felt amazing, I ran smart and I PRd. Two were 5 mile races and two were half marathons. If I really had to narrow it down I would pick the Montana Governors Cup Half Marathon. Why was it the best? I felt amazing. I came into the race feeling like my runs had been blah and my legs had felt heavy on my training runs and I ran my best race ever! I had a nearly 4 minute PR and broke the elusive 1:40 time to run it in 1:37
|that's right boy, you have been CHICKED!|
- Best run? I don't know that I can narrow it down, but I know I loved this one. The day was beautiful and I felt great. It was so nice to get in a long run after all the rain we had been having. Winter felt like it was dragging on forever.
- Best new piece of gear? Discovering Lululemon running skirts. The shorts underneath are the best and they are feather light.
Love my Lululemon skirts! I give them two thumbs up.
- Best piece of running advice you received? I got so much great advice from all of you this year but this one really stuck with me "Enjoy being fast" . from Chicago Runner Girl. it became one of my mantras for the fall races.
- Most inspirational runner? I have a hard time with this one. I have read so many inspirational running stories this year since I joined the blog world Neon Blonde Runner is amazing, Dorothy at Mile Posts and all her crazy stroller runs,
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? I ran faster.
It is a good thing I am off work today as my little cowboy is not feeling good. :( Poor little guy. I hate it when they are sick. I don't know if I will get in a run either :( so I may resort to laps around the driveway just to get in some mileage. What runners do when they are desperate! 10 laps around the driveway is equal to just over 1 mile. OR I can run back to where the horses are and then around the driveway 5 times for a mile. Either way I am where the kids can see me and yell at me if they need something.
I did get off work a little early yesterday and was able to sneak in 4 miles before I had to pick up the kids. The weather seems like it has been unusually warm, but maybe it is just because it was colder than normal for awhile.
Don't forget to enter to win Ryder's Eyewear or the Beef water bottle and recipes!