10. It is easier than running when it is hot out. Less risk of getting heat stroke..really! If you get hot just roll around in the snow, or take some layers.
9. Enhances mental toughness. When you learn to deal with your eyelashes freezing together and your water bottle contents turning into a chunk of ice 20 degrees F feels like a breeze in comparison.
|Ahh, just me, my dog, and the open road.|
7. Vitamin D! So easy to get deficient on during the winter. Although if you want to maximize the Vitamin D you get you need to be outside ideally from 10-2pm
6. Mood booster! Getting outside and exercising can help with seasonal affective disorder. Don't I look happy?
4. The scenery is beautiful.
3. When you run in powdery snow it can be a bit like running in sand and makes you work harder which in turn makes you stronger and a better runner.
|Just like on the beach only colder!|
|Don't I look like a butterfly?|
|Layer up, you'll be fine!|
What is your top reason for running outside this winter?