Things I liked
- easy to follow
- not a lot if any time wasted explaining how to do moves
- fast paced
- not annoying to workout to
- minimal equipment
- I wish I could have tried this with the boxing gloves, I think I would have got more out of it. I really tried hard to punch hard, but by the end of the workout they weren't tired at all.
- I didn't feel like the 30 minutes of warmup/Cardio Boxing/Kickboxing gave me a workout at all. I wasn't breathing any harder than I would if I had gone for a 30 minute walk.
- How long it was.
- the almost 12 minutes of conditioning were my favorite 12 minutes of the whole thing. My arms were burning! I will be doing this segment again and again.
- The Bonus Core set was also awesome, this part will also be repeated
- I really liked all the bonus sets really
I think I liked these parts better because I am used to doing HIIT workouts which work me really hard for 10-20 minutes and then I am done. Sweaty and worn out. I am not used to doing longer less intense workouts. Time is an issue!
Here is a breakdown of the segment times
I like that there are so many different workout combinations, but as long as some of these premixes are, for me it is a bit of a turn off, but I would rather run and then do a shorter more intense workout. Here are some of the combinations with the bonuses.
I do love all the options though. I wish I had a Heavy Bag, hitting things is fun.
I would try other DVDs in the series, especially if they all had great bonus sections and conditioning like this one did. I haven't done a workout DVD in years because usually I hate how long they take to demonstrate moves and I start to find the instructor annoying. Neither was true here.
I would love to hear from people who have done other DVDs in this series and what they thought. My daughter is a huge fan and keeps requesting to do it.
There are 9 other DVDs in the XTRAIN series. You can check them out here.
I was sent this DVD to review and was not required to give a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.