I would be lying if I said I didn't want to beat my time from the half marathon I did in July though. I think this is an achievable goal since the Bozeman course is mostly downhill and the weather on Sunday looks pretty good. It will be in the 50s at the start.
2. I have decided just now to just steal my goals from the Missoula half and update them slightly so here they are
- A goal is to come in under 1:40 which would be an average pace of 7:38
- B goal is to come in around 1:41:14 like predicted with a 7:44 pace (this would beat the Missoula time)
- C goal is to come in under 1:45 which would be a 8:01 pace
3.I am also looking for some new songs to add to my playlist. I did add
Superheroes by the Script
Story of my Life by One Direction
Come with me Now by the Kongos
would love any suggestions!
4. (oops did I do four and it is a three things day) (my bad) Since it is a Team Beef sponsored race I know I will be wearing my Team Beef tank and I think I will wear my red sparkle skirt again. I love when it is an easy decision.
I haven't decided if I will wear my hydration belt. I really really like having my own water bottles with Cocogo in them since that is what I run with, but having a belt on does get annoying sometimes, and I HATE running with one in my hand. I really hate trying to drink out of the cups at the water stops though. I ALWAYS seem to send at least one cup of water straight up my nose. If I do not wear my hydration belt I think I will wear my Flipbelt for my phone and things otherwise I will wear my ArmPocket.
|Flipbelt vs ArmPocket (I do like this color)|
Such decisions! I loved my ArmPocket until I got my Flipbelt and I have to admit it is nice not having anything on my arm.
I really want to wear the new shoes I got sent to try out, but since I have only done one 5 mile run in them I better not! so I think I will wear the shoes I wore for Missoula.
|comfy for 5 miles but another 8.1 may not be!|
What is on your playlist right now?
Do you carry your own water during halfs?
How do you carry your phone/iPod/gels/whatevers?