I think from time to time about quitting, but in the end I don't. I really kind of enjoy blogging. I like reading blogs and learning about others people's triumphs and struggles. I enjoy getting feedback from others and getting to try out and review new products. I have found things through blogging that I don't know that I would have otherwise. I also like to go back and read older posts to see what I was thinking or what I thought of a certain race.
I do find that I go in waves with it. Sometimes I post a lot and think of new ideas all the time, and other times like now I feel uninspired and wonder what I will write. I think partially it has to do with my running, or serious lack of running. The whole last year has been a lot of whining about injury and not running. In that year I have learned I really enjoy yoga and think cycling is boring. I got a rowing machine for cross training and discovered kettle bells.
Blogging can be very time consuming. I have done a few paid posts, but mostly I don't. There have been times when I neglected housework because I was busy blogging, but I have neglected house work for worse things.
Things I like about blogging
- having a support group, there is always someone injured to commiserate with, someone willing to give advice, and most of all people who really "get" me and my love of running.
- new things, I am always reading about great new products or getting to try them out
- learning training ideas and what people think of them who have tried them
- "meeting" lots of runners from around the US and world
- writing, I enjoy it
What I don't like about it\
- when I start comparing myself to others
- when I feel like I "need" to post
- when somebody I don't want to find my blog reads it, I know putting it out there in a public place on the web is that risk, but there are people in this world I don't like find it annoying if I think they are reading my blog. I will say the longer I blog the less I give a shit.
- when other bloggers diss each other, shouldn't we all be supportive of each other?
What about you?
Are you sad when a blogger you enjoy quits? I am!
What do you like and dislike about blogging? Do tell!
Be a critic... what do you like and dislike about my blog?