The Montana Beef Council is funded by the Beef Checkoff program. One dollar from the sale of every head of beef cattle in the U.S. goes to the Beef Checkoff program. That money is then distributed to organizations for the sake of promotion and research that goes to benefit the beef cattle industry. I think my Dad would approve of this way of promoting beef in a heavily vegetarian area!
Here are some interesting tidbits about the beef industry
- It constitutes the single largest segment of American agriculture. 35% of operations are listed as beef cattle operations.
- 90%of all beef raised in the U.S. is consumed here the other 10% is exported.
- Research shows that beef is a vital source of protein, iron and many other important nutrients that sustain a healthy diet. In fact, calorie-for-calorie it is one of the most nutrient-rich foods to fuel an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Beef has 8 times more vitamin B12, 6 times more zinc and 2.5 times more iron than a skinless chicken breast.
- The cut of beef with the lowest amount of calories, saturated fat and total fat is the eye round roast and steak, with only 144 calories, 1.4 grams of saturated fat and 4 total grams of fat in a 3-ounce serving.
- Ranchers are everyday environmentalists. Many families are multi-generational and they know if they do not take care of the land, they won't be there much longer.
I other news, I have a favorite running shirt right now. and I never wear it. I go to get dressed for a run and I look at it and think
"I love that shirt"
but before I can put it on I think
"I don't want to get it all stinky"
so I put on a different one and my favorite one stays in the closet clean where I can go look at it and love it from afar. Stupid right? What is the point of having a favorite shirt if I don't wear the darn thing. But part of why I love it so much is the color. It seems to vibrant and happy. Just looking at it brightens me right up. Like wearing a smile and well what if I want to wear it around the house for awhile to be happy but it stinks and I just showered? So I put it on for a run yesterday but it was really cold out so I had to wear a jacket over it. I covered up the happy color. :( then it stunk :( and I had to shower and go places so I couldn't wear it while I was still stinky :(
|My happy shirt on a warmer day|
Does anyone else not wear a favorite running shirt because you don't want it to stink?
Do you have a happy shirt?