2. Outfit picked out. Nike top, Lululemon skirt, Saucony shoes, Gu gel and chomps.
3. Bib will be picked up in the morning
4. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
5. Set some goals ..hm
- Base Goal: Beat last years time of 1:55 something or the other
- Maintain a pace of 8 to 8:15 and be under 1:45
- Not going to say PR here, simply because of the heat.
Checking one more time... okay I should give up on this one. It is going to be warm. Hydrate hydrate hydrate! The expected high for the day is 93. I know some of you out there are probably thinking this would be great running weather and that I am a wuss, well I am kind of. It hasn't really been that hot here this summer until the last couple weeks and I have been trying to get acclimated. It didn't help that I took the whole last week off to nurse my knee back to health. I am going to quit whining now and go back to being happy that I get to run a half tomorrow and I don't have to sit at home! YAY!
This will be half marathon #3 for me!
Trying to decide if I should take my hand held water bottle and SPI belt or use my fuel belt with the two water bottles on back. I think I will go with the fuel belt I like to have my hands free, although I like my SPI belt better for my energy gels. I wouldn't worry about either, but it is going to be so HOT, I don't want to get dehydrated and last year there were not very many water stations if I remember right.