It was just light enough to see when we headed out and when we turned around we enjoyed this view back to the resort. Katie is an Iowa city girl married extreme rural farmer and has really embraced the life. I love that I had someone to run with and got to know her better.
Some of my favorite takeaways from the conference:
- "Everything you want is on the other side of fear"
- "Be courageous for this moment"
- Mistakes can become something beautiful
- If you mirror in your life everyday becomes the same, you shrink from awareness and no change happens
- You are responsible for your own happiness
- "Rural living and farm life needs believers, because our voice is so small it needs to be powerful"
- What we put in our minds is so important
- You are teaching your children to approach life the same way you approach it
Such a great weekend. My sister and I are hoping to do this conference again next year. The biggest disappointment for me was no cake with dinner. We did have a wine tasting Friday night and were supposed to see a cheese making demonstration but the cheese maker was ill.
The speakers were all excellent and inspiring and I made some fabulous new friends. I just wish they lived closer.
What was the best thing about your weekend? For me it was lots of empowering woman time!