I found a new source of motivation last week. I was recently matched with a 6 year old girl named Emory who has AHC through I Run 4. I don't know that I had ever heard of AHC until last week when I "met" Emory.
AHC is Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood, is a complex disease, it creates:
- • Movement problems like Cerebral Palsy
• Learning challenges like autism
• Behavioral issues like ADHD
• True Epilepsy in at least 50% of cases
• Bouts of temporary paralysis that last for minutes to days at a time
• Currently incurable and essentially untreatable
• In other words…very debilitating and heartbreaking!
Cola is in too.